A Scientific Perspective about Summer Camps Benefits
Summer camps for kids in Florida are growing in popularity.
Health-related benefits of attending a summer camp as a kid attract more yearly attendees. Moreover, summer camps are famous for fostering intrapersonal growth thanks to the nurturing exchange of values, languages, and experiences.
Being immersed in the natural outdoor world provides unique benefits. Connecting with your surroundings is vital to make you feel more centered and happier with your life.
Learn more below about our sanctuary designed to unplug kids from technology and reconnect them with nature:
5 Studies about Summer Camps Benefits
- Summer camps are great for kids of all ages. The Journal of Youth Development found that 60 % of summer camp attendees felt more confident after attending a summer program. The trifecta between camp culture and activity offerings fosters divergent thinking.
- The University of Harvard found that children who attended summer camps were less likely to be depressed or anxious than those in structured after-school programs.
- Studies have shown that children attending summer camps can learn effective coping mechanisms for stress and anxiety. Furthermore, these camps can help kids develop essential social skills like empathy that they will need throughout their lives.
- Summer camps in Florida allow kids to enjoy a unique break from their traditional lifestyle and expand their minds. The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine has conducted several studies on the benefits of youth attending summer camps. One study found that most respondents could make good decisions, get along with others and solve problems on their own after attending summer camp.
- According to the University of Utah, Summer camps can help kids develop their social skills and coping mechanisms. Summer camps can help kids learn how to manage stress and anxiety when faced with new situations or challenges they might face later on in life.
5 Science-Based Tips for Campers & Fathers
- Many children are more likely to enjoy summer camps if they have a friend or relative to go with them. Ask your child if any friends might be interested in going together. If not, consider signing up multiple children from your neighborhood and forming a small group.
- Learn to let go. Summer camp allows children to learn how to adjust to new situations, solve problems and express themselves fluently and freely.
- Thirdly, summer camps also open a window for children to make new friends and develop social skills such as talking with other kids, sharing ideas, and making decisions.
- Research shows that children attending summer camp can adjust more quickly when outside their comfort zone. Summer campers learn to develop around strangers in a fun environment where everyone has similar goals.
- Children benefit from attending summer camps before entering middle school. Studies suggest that attending day camps during the week helps children develop social skills, with a higher effect in sleepaway camps. Your kid will feel comfortable engaging with other kids, exchanging their thoughts through art projects or discussion groups.
Be ready for the 2023 Season!
We’ll have two Sleepaway Camp seasons available in our Fruitland Park, Fl, location:
- The first Season will be from July 2nd to July 22nd, 2023.
- The second Season will be from July 23rd to August 5th, 2023.
Our 9-week Day Camp starts on June 12th and until August 11th, 2023. Discover our day camp locations: Historic Virginia Key Beach Park, Tree Tops Park, & Oleta River State Park.
Get ready! Our Holiday Promo will be available from November 21st until December 5th. As of December 6th, the Early Bird rate will be available until May 1st.
We have fun for everyone’s needs! Learn more about special programs—Road Trips, CIT Program, Leadership Workshops, Family Weekend, and more!
The Guaikinima methodology has been validated for +30 years in hundreds of children and young people. Behind the fun, laughs, and joy, we carefully craft a learning methodology to guarantee the safest, funniest, most wholesome, and most structured summer program for your kids in Florida!