Digital Detox at Guaikinima
In Guaikinima, we are aware of the importance of technology. However, while screens can entertain, teach, and keep children occupied, too much use may lead to problems.
Less Screen Time & More Lean Time
The American Academy of Pediatrics has reminded us of the importance of a 2-hour-per-day threshold to limit our kids’ exposure to digital screens and minimize their adverse effects on health.
Nonetheless, Covid-19 changed things forever, including media consumption patterns.
Since 2020, the exposure of children and adolescents to screens, including smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles, and TVs, has been increasing.
In 2020, almost a quarter of American kids were exposed to more than four hours of electronics every day. In 2021, more than half of American children of all ages spent at least three daily hours watching online content.
What is a Digital Detox?
Our digital detox offers a completely unplugged experience. We teach kids and teens to have fun without their smartphones, laptops, and other devices for most of the day.
A UCLA study revealed the positive effect of digital detox on kids and their social skills. The research analyzed two 13-year-old groups and their precision in identifying other people’s emotional expressions. One of the two groups was sent to an outdoor camp and restrained from using any tech. The control group continued to use their electronic devices in the meantime.
Result: After a couple of days, the researchers tested both groups’ responses and emotional awareness levels. The group under a 5-day detox showed a significant improvement in their social abilities, especially empathy, divergent thinking, and respect.
We have an offer you can’t refuse. We are ready to trade your video games for amazing +30 activities you will not find anywhere else, including archery, hiking, gardening, and even campfires!
- Mountain bike
- Guaikifiesta (Disco Night)
- Slip n’ slide
- Pamper Pole
- Target Shooting
- Paint War and more!
Benefits of Summer Camps’ Digital Detox
A summer camp is a great way to help your child develop multiple skills and traits they’ll need as they grow up.
Here are some ways summer camps can improve your children’s mood and attitude toward life:
- Social skills. Your kid will learn to make friends, play with others and healthily resolve conflicts. They’ll also learn how to manage their emotions in stressful situations.
- Independence. Campers are encouraged to be autonomous and self-sufficient, fostering their self-confidence. Freedom also helps your child become more confident about their abilities, making it easier for them to do extroverted things.
- Personality development through teamwork and responsibility. Kids learn how much fun it can be working with others while also gaining valuable knowledge about themselves through an experience such as having a leadership role within group projects/activities.
Be ready for the 2023 Season!
We’ll have two Sleepaway Camp seasons available in our Fruitland Park, Fl, location:
- The first Season will be from July 2nd to July 22nd, 2023.
- The second Season will be from July 23rd to August 5th, 2023.
Our 9-week Day Camp starts on June 12th and until August 11th, 2023. Discover our day camp locations: Historic Virginia Key Beach Park, Tree Tops Park, & Oleta River State Park.
Get ready! Our Holiday Promo will be available from November 21st until December 5th.
As of December 6th, the Early Bird rate will be available until February 10th.
We have fun for everyone’s needs! Learn more about special programs—Road Trips, Family Weekend, and more!
The Guaikinima methodology has been validated for +30 years in hundreds of children and young people. Behind the fun, laughs, and joy, we carefully craft a learning methodology to guarantee the safest, funniest, most wholesome, and most structured summer program for your kids in Florida!