Day Camps Vs. Sleepaway Camp: Which Is the Best Option for Your Kid?
Attending a summer camp is a magical experience. However, choosing the right summer camp for teens and kids can be intimidating, especially if it’s your first time.
One of our FAQs every summer is how to choose between two types of summer camp programs: sleepaway camp vs. day camp.
In this article, we will assist you in the decision-making process aiming to make your kid the happiest and most comfortable possible.
Six reasons to choose a Sleepaway Camp
- Overnight camp programs are for kids & teens between 6 and 16 years old.
- Flexible schedules. We offer 3-week and 2-week plans.
- Sleepaway camps translate into lifelong benefits. Your kid will get lots of one-on-one time with counselors and friends, creating a lifetime bond, learning new skills, and displaying Guaikinima values. If you want your child to get the most out of their summer camp experience, it’s best if they spend more than just the afternoon here.
- Our sleepaway summer camp offers the best variety of air, land, and water activities in Florida. Our facilities in Fruitland, FL, are surrounded by our Lake Geneva and privileged forests, ideal for hiking, survival, and camping activities. Your kid will enjoy an immersive experience in nature, detoxing from excessive technology use.
- Your kid will learn more fluently in English and Spanish. Children will become bilingual thanks to the daily linguistic exchange with other campers.
- Suitable location. Our Sleepaway camp is located at a fantastic place in the heart of Florida, just outside Orlando. It takes a one-hour bus drive from Weston, FL, to arrive.
We recommend parents consider the following:
- Your child’s age and interests.
- The degree of independence you and your kid are comfortable with.
- The fees of day camps vs. sleepaway camps.
- What kind of summer camp programs align with your kid’s tastes and skills.
Six Reasons to Choose A Day Camp for Your Kid
- Day camps in Florida offer more flexibility than traditional overnight since they’re only open during the day. Half-day summer programs mean you can drop off your kid at camp in the morning and pick him up again around 4 p.m.
- We cover lunch and snacks. There’s no need for parents to pack food each morning. Our balanced food program is flexible enough to fit all needs and dietary restrictions, like allergies, diets, or eating schedules.
- Some day camps for kids in Florida are often more focused on specific interests. If your child is into dance, music, or sports, there’s a day camp in the area that will be perfect for them.
- The best part of day camp is that it’s an excellent way for the youngest kids to socialize. Our day camp programs for kids are educational and fun at the same time.
- This option is perfect for your first camping experience. If your child is aged 5-6, consider sending them to a day camp where they can get used to being away from home before moving on to overnight options later.
- If your kid is a first-timer, don’t worry! We have a Camp Mom that will ease its adaptation. The best staff will surround him with a ratio of 2 counselors per 12 kids in both day and sleepaway programs.
Be ready for the 2023 Season!
We’ll have two Sleepaway Camp seasons available in our Fruitland Park, Fl, location:
- The first Season will be from July 2nd to July 22nd, 2023.
- The second Season will be from July 23rd to August 5th, 2023.
Our 9-week Day Camp starts on June 12th and until August 11th, 2023. Discover our day camp locations: Historic Virginia Key Beach Park, Tree Tops Park, & Oleta River State Park.
Get ready! As of December 6th, the Early Bird rate will be open until May 1st.
We have fun for everyone’s needs! Learn more about special programs—Road Trips, CIT Program, Leadership Workshops, Family Weekend, and more!
The Guaikinima methodology has been validated for +30 years in hundreds of children and young people. Behind the fun, laughs, and joy, we carefully craft a learning methodology to guarantee the safest, funniest, most wholesome, and most structured summer program for your kids in Florida!